Wednesday 21 March 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 21 March 2012 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 March
- Syrian uprising:
- Syrian security forces continued to bombard a neighborhood in a neighborhood of Homs and at least 79 people were reported killed across Syria, including 42 in Homs. (CNN)
- The United Nations Security Council adopts a statement supporting Kofi Annan's plan for ending violence in Syria. (Al Jazeera)
- Rebelling government troops in Mali storm the state broadcaster in the capital Bamako. (Al Jazeera)
- The annual report of the Jerusalem-based B'Tselem organisation states that in 2011, 105 Palestinians were killed by Israeli security forces in the Gaza Strip, 37 of whom are listed as non-combatants, and that Palestinian militants killed 11 Israeli civilians, among them a couple and three of their children murdered in their home. (Ynet)
- Iraq is terrorised by unconfirmed reports of extremists crushing the skulls of ''emo''s with blocks of cement. (BBC)
- A car bomb explodes in central Mogadishu, Somalia, injuring two people. (Al Jazeera)
- French police engage in a shootout with Mohammed Merah, a suspect in recent shootings in Toulouse, with the suspect allegedly linked to al-Qa'ida. (Reuters via MSNBC)
- Nigerian Army soldiers kill nine gunmen suspected of belonging to the Boko Haram Islamist group after they attack a police station and a bank. (Bloomberg)
- The Greek parliament votes in favour of an international bailout deal. (AP via MSN)
- Five former members of right-wing Guatemalan paramilitaries are sentenced to a total of 7,710 years in jail for their role in the 1982 Plan de Sánchez massacre. (AFP via France 24)
- Burma invites observers from ASEAN, the European Union and the United States to monitor next week's series of by-elections. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- George Osborne delivers the 2012 British budget cutting the top rate of income tax. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Nick Smith resigns as New Zealand's Minister for the Environment, Minister for Climate Change Issues and Minister for Local Government due to improper conduct. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton is suspended for a year without pay while former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is banned indefinitely from the National Football League for their role in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal. (ESPN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?