Tuesday 21 May 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Wadsworth in Barnesville and Alice Drummond.
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1929 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Charles Wadsworth in Barnesville: Georgia, USA; pianist (Lincoln Center).
- Alice Drummond: American actress.
- William Weiss: American industrial engineer and CEO of Ameritech, a fairly new, upcoming telecommunications company.
- Larance Marable: American drummer (d. 2012).
- Robert Welch: English silversmith and industrial designer (d. 2000).
- Archibald Primrose: British aristocrat, the 5th Earl of Rosebery, a politician and member of the House of Lords, 4/1897.
- Automatic electric stock quotation board installed, New York City.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?