Monday 21 May 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernst Willi Messerschmid in Reutlingen and Richard Hatch.
The Body Snatcher, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1945!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1945 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Ernst Willi Messerschmid in Reutlingen: Germany; astronaut (STS 22).
- Richard Hatch: American actor who is most noted for the TV series "Battlestar Galactica" in which he played Lorne Greene's space-pilot son.
- Ernst Messerschmid: German physicist and astronaut.
- Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart wed.
- German war criminal Heinrich Himmler is captured.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 May 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell-Bottom Trousers - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
- Mills Brothers - I Wish
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?