Tuesday 21 May 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1946 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Allan McKeown: English-American screenwriter and producer (d. 2013).
- David Hill: Australian TV-reporter / owner (Fox Sports).
- Ronald Bear: Actor / director (Havana, Make-up).
- Jack Pani: French long jumper, whose personal best jump was 8.16 metres, achieved in June 1969 in Pulversheim.
- Physicist Louis Slotin is fatally irradiated in a criticality incident during an experiment with the Demon core at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- At the Los Alamos Laboratory, Dr. Louis Slotin saves his coworkers but receives a fatal dose of ionizing radiation (the incident is initially classified).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - They Say It's Wonderful
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Laughing On the Outside, Crying On the Inside
- I Don't Know Enough About You - Mills Brothers
- All Through the Day - Frank Sinatra
- The House of Blue Lights - Freddie Slack & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?