Friday 21 May 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Potter and Leo Sayer.
The Counterfeiters, directed by Peter Stewart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1948!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1948 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Carol Potter: Actress (Beverly Hills 90210).
- Leo Sayer: English singer and songwriter.
- Elizabeth Buchan: English author and critic.
- Jacqueline Davies: English lawyer and judge.
- Denis MacShane: Scottish journalist and politician Minister of State for Europe.
- New York Yankees' Joe Dimaggio hits for the cycle (single, double, triple, homerun).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Happiness - Jon & Sandra Steele
- Tell Me a Story - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?