Saturday 21 May 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Batman and Robin, directed by Spencer Bennet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1949!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1949 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Denis O'Connor: British police officer.
- Rosalind Plowright: British soprano (Aida, Senta).
- Andrew Neil: British editor of "The Sunday Times," who, when appointed, was Britain’s youngest editor of a national newspaper.
- Andrew Nell: Editor (Sunday Times).
- Arno Hintjens: Belgian singer (T C Matic).
- Klaus Mann: German writer, son of the famous writer Thomas Mann.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?