Sunday 21 May 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Asphalt Jungle, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1950!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1950 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- François Méchali: French double bassist and composer.
- Will Hutton: English economist and journalist.
- Vietnamese troops of Ho Chi-Minh attack Cambodia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bewitched - Harmonicats (Jan August Orchestra)
- I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine - Patti Page
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?