Monday 21 May 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Prowler, directed by Joseph Losey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1951!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1951 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Leif Färding: Swedish poet, committed suicide on November 23, 1983 in Vaasa.
- Al Franken: American comedian, writer and US Senator, he began his comedy career on the popular show then called "Saturday Night" which became "Saturday Night Live.
- The opening of the Ninth Street Show, otherwise known as the 9th Street Art Exhibition : a gathering of a number of notable artists, and the stepping-out of the post war New York avant-garde, collectively known as the New York School.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - Mister and Mississippi
- Rose, Rose, I Love You - Buddy Morrow & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?