Saturday 21 May 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me or Leave Me, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1955 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Paul Barber: English field hockey player.
- Stan Lynch: American drummer songwriter and producer (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers).
- Eddie Milner: American baseball player, a center fielder with the Cincinnati Reds and San Francisco Giants between 1980 and 1988.
- John Glavin: rock keyboardist (Molly Hatchet).
- Stan Lynch in Gainesville: Florida, USA; rock drummer (Tom Petty and Heartbreakers).
- House of Flowers closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 165 performances
- 1st transcontinental round-trip solo flight-sunrise to sunset
- WFRV TV channel 5 in Green Bay, WI (ABC / NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?