Tuesday 21 May 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1957 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- James Bailey: American basketball player.
- Bruce Buffer: American Mixed Martial Arts announcer.
- Johann Carlo: American actress.
- Nadine Dorries: British Conservative politician.
- Renée Soutendijk: Dutch actress.
- Sue Woodstra: Colton, California -- Volleyball player (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- Daniel Elias: American contemporary art dealer and host of PBS’s popular "Antiques Road Show" since January 2001, Elias is married to Karen Keane, CEO of Skinner, Inc., who introduced him to the position. He was perfect for the job, she told a journalist, "because he likes to talk." Elias owns Elias Fine Art in Allston and did not know antiques, had no experience on TV, and isn’t an appraiser. Still, he impressed the producers with his intelligence, his attractiveness, and his inquisitiveness. His wife has be
- Judge Reinhold in Wilmington: Delaware, USA; actor (Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Beverly Hills Cop).
- Renee Soutendijk: Dutch actress
- Reinhold : American comedy film actor best known for his roles as Eddie Murphy's dim-witted sidekick in "Beverly Hills Cop" and a bumbling kidnapper in "Ruthless People," with Danny DeVito and Bette Midler.
- Alexander Vertinsky: Russian poet, singer, composer, cabaret artist and actor (Born 1889).
- French Government of Mollet resigns.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?