Tuesday 21 May 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sue Woodstra and Judge Reinhold in Wilmington.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Date with the Angels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1957 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Sue Woodstra: Colton, California -- Volleyball player (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Judge Reinhold in Wilmington: Delaware, USA; actor (Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Beverly Hills Cop).
- Renee Soutendijk: Dutch actress.
- Daniel Elias: American contemporary art dealer and host of PBS’s popular "Antiques Road Show" since January 2001, Elias is married to Karen Keane, CEO of Skinner, Inc.
- Reinhold : American comedy film actor best known for his roles as Eddie Murphy's dim-witted sidekick in "Beverly Hills Cop" and a bumbling kidnapper in "Ruthless People," with Danny DeVito and Bette Midler.
- James Bailey: American basketball player
- Bruce Buffer: American Mixed Martial Arts announcer
- Johann Carlo: American actress
- Nadine Dorries: British Conservative politician
- Renée Soutendijk: Dutch actress
- Alexander Vertinsky: Russian poet, singer, composer, cabaret artist and actor (Born 1889).
- French Government of Mollet resigns.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 May 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?