Thursday 21 May 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Veronica Sanchez in Michoan and Scott "Munnster" Munn in Larkspur.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to American Woman by The Guess Who.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Out of Towners, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1970!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1970 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Veronica Sanchez in Michoan: MTxico; WPVA volleyball player (Hermosa-17-1994).
- Scott "Munnster" Munn in Larkspur: California, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Roman Turek in Strakonice: Czechoslovakia; hockey goalie (Team Czechoslovakia Republic, Olympics-1998).
- Brigita Bukovec: Slovenian hurdler.
- Dorsey Levens: NFL running back (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Carl Veart: Australian footballer and coach
- Vinton Hayworth: Actor (General Schaeffer-I Dream of Jeannie), dies at 63.
- National Guard mobilizes to quell disturbances at Ohio State University
- US National Guard mobilized to quell disturbances at Ohio State University.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?