Sunday 21 May 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1972!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1972 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Liliko Ogasawara in Englewood: New Jersey, USA; middleweight judoka (Olympics-1996).
- Adriano Cintra: Brazilian singer guitarist and producer (CSS).
- The Notorious BIG: American rapper (d. 1997).
- Alesha Oreskovich: Tampa, Florida -- Playmate (Jun, 1993).
- Brett Tucker: Australian actor and singer.
- Notorious BIG: Rapper
- Angelica : Pop Singer
- Stomy Bugsy: French rapper of parents from Republic of Cape Verde, member of the band Ministère AMER (see: Doc Gyneco). After separation in 1996, he launched his own solo career. He is also an actor.
- Heathen! opens and closes at Billy Rose Theater NYC for 1 performance
- Lost in the Stars closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 39 performances
- Kathy Cornelius wins LPGA Bluegrass Golf Invitational.
- Michelangelo's Pieta in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome is damaged by a vandal, the mentally disturbed Hungarian geologist Laszlo Toth.
- Ceylon becomes the republic of Sri Lanka under prime minister Sirimavo Bandaranaike, when its new constitution is ratified.
- Ferit Melen forms the new (interim) government of Turkey (35th government)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- The Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?