Wednesday 21 May 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Take A Bow by Rihanna.
Sex and the City, directed by Michael Patrick King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 21 May 2008 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 May
- U.S. crude oil price passes US$130 per barrel, rising $5 above the previous day to a record high of US$134.
- In the final episode of TV's American Idol, rock singer David Cook is declared the winner.
- SN 2008D is the first supernova to be observed while it is exploding. (NASA)
- Manchester United F.C. wins the UEFA Champions League 2007-08 defeating Chelsea F.C. in the final after a penalty shootout. (Press Association via Google News)
- The President of South Africa Thabo Mbeki calls in the South African National Defense Force to end the 2008 South Africa riots. (AFP)
- The North West Frontier Province of Pakistan signs a peace deal with Taliban militants where troops are withdrawn from the Swat valley and Sharia law introduced in exchange for a halt to suicide bombings and an attack on government buildings. (''The Guardian'')
- Crude oil prices rise above $130 a barrel for the first time.
- Middle East
- Israel and Syria reveal indirect peace negotiations in Turkey in hopes of direct talks leading to a border agreement. (Reuters via ''The Washington Post'')
- The anti-Syrian government and the pro-Syrian opposition in Lebanon agree on a deal which includes the election of Michel Suleiman as President of Lebanon, outlawing the use of weapons in intra-Lebanese disputes, the formation of a unity government in which the opposition will gain more than a third of ministers (giving it a veto) and a new electoral law for the 2009 parliamentary elections. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?