Tuesday 21 November 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 21 November 1950 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
- Livingston Taylor in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; rocker ("I Will be in Love With You").
- Hisham Barakat: Egyptian lawyer and judge (d. 2015).
- Stephen Geyer: American film and television composer.
- Gary Pihl: American guitarist (Boston).
- Alberto Juantorena: Cuba -- 400m dash (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Livingston Taylor: American singer and noted family, the younger brother of folk-pop superstar James Taylor. While his charm and exuberance made him a popular concert performer, he achieved only modest success as a recording artist and his best-selling single, "I Will Be in Love With You," only made it to 30th on the charts,
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 November 1950 and get them!