Saturday 21 November 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tina Brown and Lynda Hill.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 21 November 1953 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
- Tina Brown: British-American editor known as irreverent, witty, sophisticated and bright.
- Lynda Hill: Australian full-time pro astrologer, a writer and researcher.
- Larry Shields: American clarinet player (Original Dixieland Jass Band) (d. 1953).
- Pitdown Man, discovered in 1912 proved to be a hoax
- WKJG TV channel 33 in Ft Wayne, IN (NBC) begins broadcasting
- The British Natural History Museum announces that the ''Piltdown Man'' skull, initially believed to be one of the most important fossilized hominid skulls ever found, is a hoax.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?