Saturday 21 November 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mr. Blue by The Fleetwoods.
In UK Travellin' Light by Cliff Richard & The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Ben-Hur, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 21 November 1959 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
- Colin Beashel: Australian star yachter (1996 Olympics).
- Sergei Ratnikov: Estonian footballer and manager.
- Tim Wilkison in Shelby: North Carolina, USA; tennis player (WCT Atlanta finals-1986).
- Max Baer: American actor best known for his role as Jethro Bodine in the television series, "The Beverly Hillbillies.
- Max Baer, American heavyweight boxing champion (1934), dies at age 49.
- Jack Benny (violin) and Richard Nixon (piano) play their famed duet.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?