Sunday 21 November 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Harum Scarum, directed by Gene Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 21 November 1965 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
- Reggie Lewis: American athlete, pro basketball player for the Boston Celtics from his rookie year of 1987 until his death on July 27, 1993 in Waltham, MA.
- Alexander Siddig: Sudanese-English actor and director.
- Bjork : Icelandic musician.
- Björk : Icelandic singer and recording artist.
- Jean-Philippe Dubois: French personality from the world of horse racing, a harness driver, who is a trainer, breeder and owner of race horses.
- 1st freighter arrives in Ashdod Port Israel
- Mireille Mathieu sings on France's Télé-Dimanche and begins her successful singing career (Dimanche is French for Sunday).
- ''Man of La Mancha'' opens in a Greenwich Village theatre in New York and eventually becomes one of the greatest musical hits of all time, winning a Tony Award for its star, Richard Kiley.
- Bob Dylan weds Sara Lowndes.
- UNDP established as a specialized agency of the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- The Vogues - You're The One
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?