Thursday 21 November 1985
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Omar Mostefaï and Carly Jepsen.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Built This City by Starship.
In UK The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky IV, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Texas by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Floyd on Fish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Wartoad or Konami's Ping Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 1985!
Which were the important events of 21 November 1985 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
- Omar Mostefaï: French terrorist, born to an Algerian father and a Portuguese mother, one of the three attackers on Friday 13 November 2015 at the Bataclan theatre, where a rock concert with 1500 people in the audience took place.
- Carly Jepsen: Pop Singer.
- Danny Murillo: Rapper.
- Jesus Navas: Spanish footballer.
- Jesús Navas: Spanish footballer.
- Nicola Silvestri: Italian footballer
- United States Navy intelligence analyst Jonathan Pollard is arrested for spying after being caught giving Israel classified information on Arab nations. He is subsequently sentenced to life in prison.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Starship - We Built This City
- Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City
- Phil Collins - Separate Lives
- Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
- Heart - Never
- Thompson Twins - Lay Your Hands On Me
- Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels
- Jan Hammer - Miami Vice Theme
- Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?