Friday 21 November 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 21 November 2008 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 November
- Global and Russian financial crises:
- Construction of several skyscraper buildings in Russia (Norman Foster's Russia Tower, Gazprom's Okhta Center) are canceled due to lack of credit available during the global financial crisis. (The Guardian)
- The 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver may be ampquotfacing challengesampquot as several corporate sponsors may stop financing the Olympics due to the crisis. The Russian government announces it will review spending on the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, saying it had ampquotset a target of saving some moneyampquot. International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge says there is ampquotno issueampquot of financing for the coming three Games: the 2010 Olympics, the 2012 Summer Games in
- Toyota cuts its Japanese temporary workforce by 50 percent from 6,000 to 3,000 due to falling automobile sales. (Bloomberg)
- Burmese comedian Zarganar is sentenced to 45 years in prison for organising relief for victims of Cyclone Nargis. (AFP via Google News)
- Confirmation of Neil Barofsky as special inspector general of the Troubled Assets Relief Program is delayed by an unnamed Republican United States Senator. (''The Deal'')
- According to unofficial sources, Hillary Rodham Clinton has agreed to serve as the next U.S. Secretary of State and Timothy F. Geithner as the next Secretary of the Treasury under the presidency of Barack Obama. (''The New York Times'')
- The U.S. National Intelligence Council predicts a major decline in U.S. economic, military, and political dominance over the next two decades (BBC News)
- South Africa changes to an open telecommunications market ending a long monopoly and duopoly environment as smaller independent service providers gain certainty on their rights to build network infrastructure. (FM Tech)
- Regal Entertainment Group (RGC) stock shares reached one of its all time lows, selling for $7.45 USD.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?