Sunday 21 November 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to What's My Name? by Rihanna.
Tangled, directed by Nathan Greno, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 21 November 2010 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 November
- Eurozone countries agree to a rescue package for the Republic of Ireland from the European Financial Stability Facility in response to the country's financial crisis..
- At least six suspected Islamist militants are killed in a U.S. drone attack in Pakistan's North Waziristan region. (DNA India)
- Seven people are killed after a bomb planted by suspected Maoist rebels explodes in Aurangabad district, Bihar, northeastern India. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI says his personal opinion is that condoms may be used ampquotin exceptional casesampquot to combat HIV-AIDS, but the Vatican says it has not has changed its policy on contraception. (AP via Google News)
- Canadian pop star Justin Bieber wins four awards at the American Music Awards. (BBC)
- North Korea unveils a new uranium enrichment plant. (Arirang)
- Irish financial crisis
- Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan, Jnr applies for an international bailout to deal with the Irish financial crisis. (BBC)
- Protesters gather outside Government Buildings in Dublin. (''The Irish Times'')
- A ministerial car runs over a protestor who is then taken away in an ambulance. (BBC News)
- A chemical factory explodes in Yushe county, North China's Shanxi province, killing at least three. (Xinhua)
- A flood traps 28 people in a coal mine in Sichuan, southwestern China. (''China Daily'')
- The death toll from the eruptions of Mount Merapi in Indonesia reaches 292. (CNN)
- Four Haitian presidential candidates call for the postponement of the Haitian elections set for November 28 as the country struggles with a cholera epidemic which has killed nearly 1,200. (AFP via Google News)
- Rescuers begin drilling a hole to analyse air inside the Pike River mine in New Zealand. There has been no communication with the 29 trapped miners. (Adelaiden Now)
- Russia hosts the International Tiger Forum summit meeting of international wildlife experts and officials from 13 countries in St.Petersburg, to discuss the protection of tigers which could become extinct in 12 years if unprotected. (Voice of America)
- Aasia Bibi, a Christian woman sentenced to death in Pakistan on charges of blasphemy against Islam, appeals to President Asif Ali Zardari to pardon her. (''The Nation'')
- An Israeli military court demotes two Givati Brigade staff sergeants to sergeant after convicting them of forcing a nine-year-old Palestinian boy to open two bags thought to contain explosives. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Thirty five people are arrested in Salt, Jordan, to restore calm after four days of rioting following the police shooting of an alleged traffic violator. (''The Washington Post'')
- Iran delays the trial of two American citizens detained while hiking until 6 February 2011. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 November 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?