Monday 21 November 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 21 November 2011 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 November
- 2011 Egyptian revolution:
- At least 11 people are killed in ongoing clashes between Egyptian protesters and security forces in Cairo's Tahrir Square. (BBC)
- The Cabinet of Prime Minister Essam Sharaf submits its resignation to the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, but its resignation is officially rejected. (Al Arabiya)
- Two people are injured after Syrian soldiers attack buses carrying Turkish citizens returning through Syria from a hajj pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia. (CNN)
- The United States, United Kingdom, and Canada impose further sanctions against Iran's nuclear program. (CNN)
- The President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev states that the decision to go to war with Georgia in 2008 prevented the eastward enlargement of NATO. (Reuters)
- The trial begins of the three most senior surviving members of Cambodia's Khmer Rouge regime, on charges of genocide and crimes against humanity. (BBC)
- Dutch baseball player Greg Halman of the Seattle Mariners is stabbed to death, with his brother as a suspect. (AP via BET)
- Voters in the Marshall Islands go to the polls for a general election. (Radio New Zealand)
- A Congressional panel fails to agree on proposals to cut the United States' national budget deficit by $1.2 trillion, leading to automatic budget cuts. (CBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 November 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?