Monday 21 October 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Die Tochter des Schmugglers, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1912 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Don Byas: American saxophonist and educator (d. 1972).
- Alfredo Pián: Argentinian race car driver (d. 1990).
- Georg Solti: Hungarian-English conductor and director (d. 1997).
- Carlos Don Byas: US jazz saxophonist.
- Sir Georg Solti: Hungarian conductor (d. 1997).
- Alfredo Pian: Argentine racing driver (d. 1990)
- During the First Balkan War, Kardzhali is liberated by Bulgarian forces
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Waiting for the Robert E. Lee - Dolly Connolly
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 October 1912 and get them!