Saturday 21 October 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1916 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Tomojiro Ikenouchi: Composer.
- Andrea Checchi: Italian screen/stage/tv actor, artist, painter, onscreen 1933; leading man of italians films for 3 decades; active on italian tv during his last year, married once, one child.
- US Army forms Reserve Officers Training Corps
- Friedrich Adler shoots Karl von Stürgkh, Prime Minister of Austria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Ireland Must be Heaven, for My Mother Came from There - Charles Harrison
- Oh How She Could Yacki Hacki Wicki Wachi Woo (That's Love in Honolulu) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Dear Old Dreamy Honolulu Town - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?