Friday 21 October 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Mysteries of India, Part I: Truth, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1921 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Alex Kitson: Scottish trade union leader, a legend in his own time.
- Jarmil Burghauser: Composer.
- Herm Klotz: American athlete, he played pro basketball for one season in 1947-48.
- Malcolm Arnold: Northampton, England -- Composer (Bridge over River Kwai).
- Bruce Beeby: Australian-English actor (d. 2013).
- Robert Clothier: Canadian actor (d. 1999)
- Jim Shumate: American fiddler and composer (d. 2013)
- Ingrid van Houten-Groeneveld: Dutch astronomer and academic (d. 2015)
- Billy Hassett: American athlete, played pro basketball for two seasons beginning in 1949. He died on 11/15/1992, age 71
- Sir Malcolm Arnold: British composer (d. 2006)
- Tuschinski Theater opens in Amsterdam
- President Warren G. Harding delivers the first speech by a sitting President against lynching in the deep south.
- George Melford's silent film, The Sheik, starring Rudolph Valentino, premiers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweetheart - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Learn to Smile - John McCormack
- Cherie - Nora Bayes
- Deep in Your Eyes - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 October 1921 and get them!