Friday 21 October 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Mysteries of India, Part I: Truth, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1921 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Alex Kitson: Scottish trade union leader, a legend in his own time.
- Jarmil Burghauser: Composer.
- Herm Klotz: American athlete, he played pro basketball for one season in 1947-48.
- Malcolm Arnold: Northampton, England -- Composer (Bridge over River Kwai).
- Bruce Beeby: Australian-English actor (d. 2013).
- Robert Clothier: Canadian actor (d. 1999)
- Jim Shumate: American fiddler and composer (d. 2013)
- Ingrid van Houten-Groeneveld: Dutch astronomer and academic (d. 2015)
- Billy Hassett: American athlete, played pro basketball for two seasons beginning in 1949. He died on 11/15/1992, age 71
- Sir Malcolm Arnold: British composer (d. 2006)
- Tuschinski Theater opens in Amsterdam
- President Warren G. Harding delivers the first speech by a sitting President against lynching in the deep south.
- George Melford's silent film, The Sheik, starring Rudolph Valentino, premiers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweetheart - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Learn to Smile - John McCormack
- Cherie - Nora Bayes
- Deep in Your Eyes - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?