Tuesday 21 October 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Walzack and Celia Cruz.
Hot Water, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1924 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Jean Walzack: France sport Champion.
- Celia Cruz: Cuban-American singer and actress (Sonora Matancera) (d. 2003).
- Joyce Randolph: American actress.
- Julie Wilson: American actress and singer (d. 2015).
- Martin Pierre Joseph Marsick: Composer, dies at 76.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - I Wonder What's Become of Sally?
- Rhapsody in Blue, Parts 1 & 2 - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra with George Gershwin
- Driftwood - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Little Old Clock on the Mantel - Russo & Fiorito's Oriole Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?