Thursday 21 October 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marga Richter and Antoine Guichard.
Midnight Lovers, directed by John Francis Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1926 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Marga Richter: Composer.
- Antoine Guichard: French entrepreneur, head of the Etienne Casino.
- Leo Kirch: German media entrepreneur who founded the Kirch Group.
- Bob Rosburg: American golfer and six-time PGA winner with his biggest victory in 1959 when he won after being seriously behind his opponent.
- Leonard Rossiter: British actor, of a heart attack at age 57 (born 1926).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Looking at the World Thro' Rose-Colored Glasses - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?