Wednesday 21 October 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Susan Lenox <Her Fall and Rise>, directed by Greta Garbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1931!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1931 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Louis Dufaux: French clergyman, the Roman Catholic bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Grenoble-Vienne, France.
- Shammi Kapoor: Indian actor and director (d. 2011).
- Jim junior: English cricketer and manager.
- Vivian Pickles: English actress.
- Hugh Thomas: English historian and author.
- Nicole Courcel: French actress, who achieved popularity through the 1950s and 1960s, though she is mostly unknown outside France She appeared in 43 films between 1947 and 1979. After working as an extra in a few films, she won a major role in Rendez-vous de juillet (1949), with Brigitte Auber. Later she turned to television appearing in different tele-films and miniseries, in which she continued to work until 2004. Courcel is best known for her role in Serge Bourguignon's Sundays and Cybele (1962). She had nota
- G?rard Buttin: Chamb?ry physician
- The Sakurakai, a secret society in the Imperial Japanese Army, launches an abortive coup d'etat attempt.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?