Thursday 21 October 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Conquest, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1937 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Édith Scob: French actress, best known for her role as the daughter with a disfigured face in Eyes Without a Face.
- Said al-Chirkawi: Russian spiritual leader and scholar (d. 2012).
- Hank Nelson: Australian historian and academic (d. 2012).
- Norman Wright: Rocker (Del-Vikings).
- Franco-troops occupies Gijon
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?