Tuesday 21 October 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Riccardo Fogli and Ai .
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1947 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Riccardo Fogli: Italian singer who, in 1964, at the age of 17, joined the band Slenders.
- Ai : American poet and educator (d. 2010).
- Mary Pipher: American psychologist and author.
- Dutch Dakota explodes near Coopenhagen, 16 die
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Lady from 29 Palms - Andrews Sisters
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Jack Smith
- An Apple Blossom Wedding - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?