Saturday 21 October 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1950 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Ronald E McNair in Lake City: South Carolina, USA; astronaut (STS 41B, 51L-Challenger disaster).
- David H G viscount Lascelles: Grandson of English Princess Mary.
- Jean Billon: French astrologer.
- Ronald McNair: crew of Space Shuttle Challenger (Born 1950).
- Death penality abolished in Belgium
- Tom Powers of Duke scores six touchdowns.
- Chinese forces occupy Tibet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You) - Ray Anthony
- Perry Como & Betty Hutton - A Bushel and a Peck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?