Wednesday 21 October 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1953 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Charlotte Caffey: American guitarist and songwriter in the pop music band called the Go-Gos.
- Eric Faulkner: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Bay City Rollers).
- Keith Green: American singer-songwriter pianist and minister (d. 1982).
- Marc Johnson: American bassist composer and bandleader.
- Peter Mandelson: English journalist and politician Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.
- Eleonora Giorgi: Italian actress, screenwriter and film director, who made her film debut in a minor role in Paolo Cavara's horror film Black Belly of the Tarantula (1970) and subsequently appeared in nearly fifty films, including Domenico Paolella's Story of a Cloistered Nun (1973), Salvatore Samperi's La sbandata (1974), Pasquale Festa Campanile's Conviene far bene l'amore (U.S. title: Love and Energy) (1976), Franco Brusati's To Forget Venice (1979), Dario Argento's Inferno (1980), Nino Manfredi's Nudo di don
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 October 1953 and get them!