Tuesday 21 October 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andre Geim .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1958 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Andre Geim: Russian-English physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- 1st women in English House of Lords
- The Life Peerages Act entitles women to sit in the British House of Lords for the first time. The Baronesses Swanborough (Stella Isaacs, Marchioness of Reading) and Wooton (Barbara Wooton) are the first to take their seats.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 October 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?