Thursday 21 October 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alison Munt and Chima McLean.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
Alphaville, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
On TV people were watching John Klings Abenteuer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1965 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Alison Munt: Cairns, Australia -- LPGA golfer (1992 Jamie Farr-21st).
- Chima McLean: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Canadian Tour golfer (1991 Conestoga).
- Chris Duplanty: Palo Alto, California -- Water polo goalkeeper (1996 Olympics).
- Ion Andoni Goikoetxea: Spanish footballer.
- Ion Goikoetxea: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Horace Hogan: American wrestler
- Hisashi Imai: Japanese singer-songwriter and guitarist (Buck-Tick Schaft and Schwein)
- KTWU TV channel 11 in Topeka, KS (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Nobel prize for chemistry awarded to Robert B Woodward
- Robert B Woodward awarded Nobel prize for chemistry
- Vivian Beaumont Theater (NYC) opens
- Comet Ikeya-Seki approaches perihelion, passing 450,000 kilometers from the sun.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 October 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Herman's Hermits - Just A Little Bit Better
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street
- The Vogues - You're The One
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?