Saturday 21 October 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Berg and Gavin Brian Lovegrove.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Wait Until Dark, directed by Terence Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Gabriel Hounds by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Nibelungen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1967 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Bill Berg: St. Catharines, Ontario -- NHL left wing (NY Rangers).
- Gavin Brian Lovegrove: Auckland, New Zealand -- Javelin (1996 Olympics).
- John Flaherty: NYC, New York -- Catcher (San Diego Padres).
- Stanley Richard: NFL safety (Washington Redskins).
- Anne Cox: Family Member.
- Georgi Dakov: Bulgarian high jumper (d. 1996)
- Paul Ince: English footballer and manager
- Gavin Lovegrove: New Zealand javelin thrower and graphic designer
- Ejnar Hertzsprung: Danish chemist and astronomer (d. 1967).
- Egypt sinks Israeli torpedo boat
- Thousands opposing Vietnam War try to storm the Pentagon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?