Saturday 21 October 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Boot Hill, directed by Giuseppe Colizzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1972 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Saffron Burrows: English actress.
- Felicity Andersen: Australian actress.
- Matthew Friedberger: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Fiery Furnaces).
- Masakazu Morita: Japanese voice actor.
- Orlando Thomas: American football player (d. 2014).
- Evhen Tsybulenko: Ukrainian professor of international law
- Dude closes at Broadway Theater NYC after 16 performances
- Man of La Mancha closes at Beaumont Theater NYC after 140 performances
- Pacific Paradise closes at Palace Theater NYC after 5 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Hot Butter - Popcorn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 October 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?