Tuesday 21 October 1975
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henrique Hilario and Madchild .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Bad Blood by Neil Sedaka.
In UK Hold Me Close by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Rooster Cogburn, directed by Stuart Millar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pesma.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gun Fight or Steeplechase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1975!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1975 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Henrique Hilario: Portuguese footballer.
- Madchild : Rapper.
- Toby Hall: American baseball player.
- Henrique Hilário: Portuguese footballer.
- Charles Reidpath: American runner and general (d. 1975).
- Treemonisha opens at Uris Theater NYC for 64 performances
- Coast Guard Academy 1st allows women to enroll
- Elton John given a star in Hollywood
- Venera 9, 1st craft to orbit planet Venus launched
- 1975 World Series: The Cincinnati Reds are defeated by the Boston Red Sox in Game Six off Carlton Fisk's 12th-inning home run to cap off what many consider to be the best World Series game ever played.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 October 1975
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?