Thursday 21 October 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to If You Leave Me Now by Chicago.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Car Wash, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1976 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Melanie Turgeon: Canadian alpine skier.
- Lavinia Milosovici: Romanian gymnast.
- Jeremy Miller in West Covina: California; actor (Ben - Growing Pains).
- Nirachala Kumya: Miss Universe - Thailand (1996).
- Henrik Gustavsson: Swedish footballer.
- Jeremy Miller: American actor and singer
- Andrew Scott: Movie Actor
- Lavinia Miloșovici: Romanian gymnast
- Josh Ritter: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Mélanie Turgeon: Canadian skier
- 55th weaapon accord signed
- Cin Reds sweep New York Yankees, in 73rd World Series
- Nobel prize for literature awarded to Saul Bellow
- New York Yankee Thurman Munson ties World Series mark of 6 straight singles
- New York Knicks retire first number, 19, Willis Reed.
- American Saul Bellow wins Nobel Prize for Literature.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Orleans - Still The One
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 October 1976 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?