Saturday 21 October 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Look Who's Talking, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Clear And Present Danger by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1989 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Cody Johns: Vine Star.
- Festus Ezeli: Basketball Player.
- May'n : Japanese singer.
- Mads Dahm: Norwegian footballer.
- Luke Murphy: English footballer.
- Jean Image: Hungarian-French animator director and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- Dangerous Games closes at Nederlander Theater NYC after 4 performances
- 1st black owners (Betram Lee & Peter Bynoe) to own a major sports team, purchasing Denver Nuggets for $65m
- Houston becomes first major college team to gain 1000 yards in a game.
- Buck Helm found alive after being buried four days, in San Francisco earthquake.
- The Hungarian Republic is officially declared by president Mátyás Szűrös (replacing the Hungarian People's Republic).
- The Phillips Disaster in Pasadena, Texas kills 23 and injures 314 others.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- The Cure - Love Song
- Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- The Rolling Stones - Mixed Emotions
- New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl
- Aerosmith - Love In An Elevator
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- Young M.C. - Bust A Move
- Expose - When I Looked At Him
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?