Sunday 21 October 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
American Gangster, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 21 October 2007 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 October
- Paul Fox: English musician and singer (The Ruts) (Born 1951).
- Tokelauan ex-pats in Samoa go to the polls for the Tokelauan self-determination referendum. (Radio New Zealand)
- Turkish people vote in favor of a constitutional referendum on electoral reform with a 69% majority. (AP via IHT)
- Voters go to the polls in Slovenia to elect a new President, with Lojze Peterle winning most votes but not a majority. A runoff between him and Danilo Türk will be held on November 11. (AP via Google News)
- Marco Fu wins the 2007 Royal London Watches Grand Prix snooker tournament, defeating Ronnie O'Sullivan 9 frames to 6. (BBC)
- Kyrgyz people go to the polls to vote on a constitutional referendum called by President Kurmanbek Bakiyev. (Reuters)
- Speaking at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, United States Vice President Dick Cheney states: ampquotThe United States joins other nations in sending a clear message - we will not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon.ampquot (BBC)
- A fire in an illegal shoe factory kills at least 34 people in Putian in Fujian province, China. (BBC)
- The Boston Red Sox defeat the Cleveland Indians 11-2 winning the 2007 American League Championship Series and going on to meet the Colorado Rockies, the 2007 National League champions, in the 2007 World Series. (AP via Fox News)
- 2007 California fires:
- At least nine wildfires burn out of control in Southern California leading to the death of a San Diego man. (Reuters)
- Fire engulf parts of Malibu, California leading to the evacuation of homes including those of James Cameron and Olivia Newton-John. (News Limited)
- The Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger declares a state of emergency in seven counties including Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Ventura County. (News Limited)
- The world's biggest banks endorse a rescue plan, also supported by the United States Treasury, to restore the world's financial system. (BBC)
- Kimi Räikkönen wins the 2007 Formula One World Drivers Championship. (BBC)
- Kurdistan Workers Party militants kill at least 12 Turkish soldiers and wounded 11 others on Sunday in a cross-border attack in mountains near the Iraqi border, security sources said. (Reuters)
- Soyuz TMA-10 lands safely outside Arkalyk, short of the planned landing site in Kazakhstan, due to a computer glitch. (ABC News)
- 2007 Ogaden conflict: A rebel group in eastern Ethiopia, the Ogaden National Liberation Front, says it has carried out an attack on government troops, killing 140 troops. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?