Friday 21 October 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
In Time, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 21 October 2011 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 October
- Libyan civil war:
- Mutassim Gaddafi is killed in an extrajudicial killing ( Daily Mail)
- NATO commander James G. Stavridis announces that NATO plans to conclude its Libyan military intervention, Operation Unified Protector, on October 31. (AFP via Google News)
- Iraq War:
- The President of the United States, Barack Obama, announces a plan to withdraw all of the remaining American military forces from Iraq by the end of 2011. (CBS News)
- Verizon Communications reports that its third-quarter earnings have doubled. (''Wall Street Journal)
- The Government of Japan announces a $157 billion additional budget to cover the costs of recovering from March's earthquake and tsunami. (''The Guardian'')
- Gunmen kill three people near Freeport-McMoRan's gold and copper mine in Indonesia's Papua province. (Reuters via ''The Guardian'')
- Jay Weatherill is sworn in as the new Premier of South Australia after being officially elected as the leader of the state Australian Labor Party. (''The Australian'')
- London's St Paul's Cathedral is forced to close its doors to visitors for the first time since the Second World War after protesters set up camp on its doorstep. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?