Thursday 21 September 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Besiegte Sieger, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1911 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Jean Beer: Roubaix Writer.
- Jean De Beer: French administrator of the Comédie Française, 1945-47 and a radio host and producer.
- Arab Pasha: "al-Misri" [Pasha Ahmad Arab), Egyptian minister.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- A Perfect Day - Cecil Fanning
- Gems from Florodora - Victor Light Opera Co.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?