Wednesday 21 September 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Fortunato, 3. Teil - Der letzte Atemzug, directed by Karl Halden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1921 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- John McHale: American baseball player and executive (d. 2008).
- Jimmy Young: English singer and radio host.
- Gas explodes at Bradishe Aniline chemical works in Germany, 565 die
- Pope Benedictus XV donates 1 million lire to feed Russians
- A storage silo in Oppau, Germany, explodes, killing 500-600 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Young Prince and the Young Princess - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Jazz Me Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Learn to Smile - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Down Home Blues - Ethel Waters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?