Wednesday 21 September 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Fortunato, 3. Teil - Der letzte Atemzug, directed by Karl Halden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1921 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- John McHale: American baseball player and executive (d. 2008).
- Jimmy Young: English singer and radio host.
- Gas explodes at Bradishe Aniline chemical works in Germany, 565 die
- Pope Benedictus XV donates 1 million lire to feed Russians
- A storage silo in Oppau, Germany, explodes, killing 500-600 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Learn to Smile - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Down Home Blues - Ethel Waters
- The Young Prince and the Young Princess - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Jazz Me Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 September 1921 and get them!