Wednesday 21 September 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ward Swingle .
Two Arabian Knights, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
You can also have a look at the whole 1927 or at September 21 across the years.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 21 September 1927 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
The Student Prince in Old Heidelberg
Which were the important events of 21 September 1927 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
See other famous people born on 21 September
Ward Swingle: American-French singer-songwriter and conductor (Les Double Six) (d. 2015).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1927?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Roger W. Kahn -- Sep. 19, 1927
- Science: Science vol. 66 issue 1707
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: E. Phillips Oppenheim -- Sep. 12, 1927
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Sinclair Lewis’ world-famous satire of religious hypocrisy and the excesses of the Roaring ʼ20s. Universally recognized as a landmark in American literature, Elmer Gantry scandalized readers when it was first published, causing Sinclair Lewis to be “invited” to a jail ...
1927. Although his first book was about English romance, Newton Booth Tarkington, winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, for The Magnificent Ambersons and Alice Adams, came to be known for his comical (and almost cynical) style of the Lost Generation that ...
1927. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
Set in England in the 1920's the story is about a father's love, devotion and sacrifice for his beloved son. Captain Sorrell returns from the war to find his wife has left him with sole responsibility for their son Kit.
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Tell the world why 21 September 1927 is such a special date for you!