Saturday 21 September 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sandor Kocsis and Hector Alterio.
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1929 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Sandor Kocsis: Hungarian footballer (d. 1979).
- Hector Alterio: Argentine theater, film and TV performer, well Known both in Argentina and Spain.
- Michel Delahaye: French actor and film critic.
- Professeur Choron: French humorist and co-founder (with François Cavanna and Fred) of Hara Kiri magazine in 1960.
- Héctor Alterio: Argentinian actor and singer.
- Shafi Hadi: American saxophonist
- Sándor Kocsis: Hungarian footballer and manager (d. 1979)
- Edgar Valter: Estonian author and illustrator (d. 2006)
- Bernard Williams: English-Italian philosopher and academic (d. 2003)
- 1st legal pass in Canada was thrown by Gerry Seiberling and 1st reception by Ralph Losie of Calgary Altomah-Tigers against Edmonton
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?