Saturday 21 September 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1929 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Hector Alterio: Argentine theater, film and TV performer, well Known both in Argentina and Spain.
- Professeur Choron: French humorist and co-founder (with François Cavanna and Fred) of Hara Kiri magazine in 1960.
- Sandor Kocsis: Hungarian footballer (d. 1979).
- Héctor Alterio: Argentinian actor and singer.
- Shafi Hadi: American saxophonist.
- Sándor Kocsis: Hungarian footballer and manager (d. 1979)
- Michel Delahaye: French actor and film critic.
- Edgar Valter: Estonian author and illustrator (d. 2006)
- Bernard Williams: English-Italian philosopher and academic (d. 2003)
- 1st legal pass in Canada was thrown by Gerry Seiberling and 1st reception by Ralph Losie of Calgary Altomah-Tigers against Edmonton
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 September 1929 and get them!