Sunday 21 September 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dawn Addams and John Kennedy.
Scarlet Pages, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1930 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Dawn Addams: British actress on-screen from 1951 in international films with three years in Hollywood.
- John Kennedy: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of Federal Paper Board, a wood pulp manufacturing company.
- Georges Meyer: French business leader, head of the Galeries Lafayette Group from 1987 until his death in 1998.
- John Morgan: Welsh-Canadian actor and screenwriter (d. 2004).
- Bob Stokoe: English footballer and manager (d. 2004).
- Johann Ostermeyer patents the flashbulb.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?