Sunday 21 September 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Scarlet Pages, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1930 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Dawn Addams: British actress on-screen from 1951 in international films with three years in Hollywood.
- Georges Meyer: French business leader, head of the Galeries Lafayette Group from 1987 until his death in 1998.
- John Morgan: Welsh-Canadian actor and screenwriter (d. 2004).
- Bob Stokoe: English footballer and manager (d. 2004).
- John Kennedy: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of Federal Paper Board, a wood pulp manufacturing company.
- Johann Ostermeyer patents the flashbulb.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 September 1930 and get them!