Tuesday 21 September 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Thank Your Lucky Stars, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1943 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Bruce Bickner: American corporate development officer and CEO of Dekalb Energy, an oil and gas properties company.
- Ombretta Colli: Italian singer, actress and politician, who was president of the Province of Milan from June 1999 to June 2004.
- Loïk Le Floch-Prigent: French engineer and business manager.
- Dickey Lee [Dick Lipscomb]: Rocker.
- Arundel (Solomon Island) in US hands
- Lynch Triangle (Square) in Bronx named
- Russian 13th / 61st Army reconquer Chyernigov
- Soviet forces reach Dnjepr
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?