Tuesday 21 September 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Finneran and Artis Gilmore.
Johnny Belinda, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Chevrolet Tele-Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1948 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Michael Finneran: diver (first perfect 10 on 10m platform).
- Artis Gilmore: ABA all star (Kentucky Colonels).
- Marc Molitor: .
- Jack Dromey: English union leader and politician.
- Texaco Star Theater with Milton Berle premieres on NBC-TV
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?