Monday 21 September 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1953 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- John Mengatti in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Nick - White Shadow, For Love and Honor).
- François Corteggiani: French comics artist and writer.
- Pascal Cribier: French landscape architect, one of his projects is the garden of Tuileries in Paris.
- François Goulard: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Marc Pajot: French skipper, winner of the "Route du Rhum" he also received a silver medal in duet with his brother Yves (born 20 April 1952) at the 1972 Munich Olympics (Flying Dutcman category).
- Sunny Johnson: Actress (Animal House), dies of a cerebral hemorrhage at 30
- Arie Luyendyk: Dutch race car driver and sportscaster
- Roger Quilter: British composer, dies at 75.
- KRDO TV channel 13 in Colorado Spgs-Pueblo, CO (ABC) 1st broadcast
- Allied forces form West Germany.
- LT No Kum-Sok a North Korean pilot defected to South Korea and is associated with Operation Moolah.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?