Tuesday 21 September 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Sabrina, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1954 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Julia Grant: British transsexual, born George Roberts, subject of a TV documentary.
- Phil ''Philthy Animal'' Taylor: British musician (Motorhead).
- Shinzō Abe: Japanese lawyer and politician 90th Prime Minister of Japan.
- Thomas Ray: American ecologist and academic.
- Phil Taylor: English drummer (Motörhead and Waysted) (d. 2015).
- Mikimoto Kōkichi: Japanese businessman (d. 1954).
- 1st nuclear submarine, USS Nautilus, commissioned
- Kleffens appointed Chairman of General Meeting UN
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Smile - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?