Saturday 21 September 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lynette Love and Kevin Rudd.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
Jet Pilot, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Harbormaster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1957 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Lynette Love: US tai kwan do champ 1987 / (1988 Olympics).
- Kevin Rudd: 26th Prime Minister of Australia.
- Ethan Coen: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Mark Levin: American attorney, radio talk show host and author.
- Sidney Moncrief: American basketball player and coach.
- Penny Smith: English journalist and actress
- Perry Mason with Raymond Burr premieres on CBS-TV
- German sailing school ship Pamir sails Atlantic Ocean
- Olav V, becomes King of Norway
- Pote Sarasin forms government in Thailand
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?